Overcoming Obstacles

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Miracle in the making!

Monica began to run, with her Bible and hymn book tucked under her arm. But members of the chanting mob grabbed her and began striking her with machetes. Seeing a cross on a chain around Monica's neck, a militant began to chop at her neck, nearly decapitating her. By the time Monica got to the hospital, she could only breathe through the gaping wound left by the lethal blade.
But Monica didn't die. After six surgeries to repair her throat and close the wound in her neck, doctors were able to save her voice. Through VOMedical, Monica, a poor widow with a 5-year-old child, received excellent medical care and post-op follow-up. Thanks to generous donations from VOM supporters, Monica is among the more than 600 Christians who have received medical care after being injured because of their Christian faith.
Monica now needs only one more surgery to regain her normal speaking voice. "Now that I have my strength back, I have forgiven my attackers," Monica said. "Now I have more courage to serve the Lord much more..


1 comment:

  1. I know the power of having faith and believing and being obedient. I'm personally going through a bad car accident and have a major back problem. God is a healer and my miracle of healing is coming.
    This break down is just preparing me for a Breakthrough. To God be the glory!!! I stand on Gods word, he hasn't failed me, nor forsaken me. Blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment